Date(s) - 09/18/2019
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Categories No Categories
Optimize Aging, LLC will be offering single topics from its’ “Older Adult Certificate Program for Community Providers” as single webinars. We will begin with “Understanding Hoarding Behaviors” being offered on Wednesday, September 18, 2019 1 PM – 3:30 PM (Eastern Time). The cost is $65; plus an additional $35 if you are requesting continuing education credits.
Description:Hoarding behaviors have become a fascination to many, unfortunately hoarding is a social, mental health and overall concern. Individuals who hoard have sentimental attachment to the things they collect. They have difficulty discarding belongings due to the emotional attachment and belief they may need the items at some other point in their life. This program will discuss hoarding as a disease, as well as hoarding behaviors, demographics, assessment and treatment. Understanding the complexity of treatment for individuals who have “hoarding” behaviors will be discussed. The need for development of “hoarding task forces” will be discusses emphasizing a cross system collaborative approach.
- Describe hoarding as a mental health and social issue
- Critique “hoarding” in the DSM 5
- Demonstrate the complexity of treatment for individuals who have “hoarding” behaviors
- Discuss the importance of cross system collaborative approaches when working with individuals with “hoarding” behaviors
- Analyze the needs of a community-based “hoarding task force”
1:00 – 1:15 PM Understanding Hoarding Behaviors
- Current research
- DSM 5 diagnosis
1:15 – 1:45 PM Assessment
- Saving Inventory-Revised tool (Frost)
- Clutter Image Rating Scale (Frost)
- HOMES Assessment (Bratiotis)
1:45 – 2:30 Intervention
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Developing Skills
2:30 – 3:00 Developing Hoarding Task Forces
3:00 – 3:30 PM Case discussion
Continuing Education Credits:
- Continuing Education Credit has been approved through Commonwealth Educational Seminars for 2.5 contact hours the following professions:
- Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to award continuing education credit for Licensed Professional Counselors/Licensed Mental Health Counselors. Please visit CES CE CREDIT to see all states that are covered for LPCs/LMHCs. CES maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Social Workers:
- Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to award continuing education credit for Social Workers. Please visit CES CE CREDIT to see all states that are covered for Social Workers. CES maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- If applicable: Social Workers – New York State
- Commonwealth Educational Seminars is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers. #SW-0444.
- As an American Psychological Association (APA) approved provider, CES programs are accepted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). These courses can be utilized by nurses to renew their certification and will be accepted by the ANCC. Every state Board of Nursing accepts ANCC approved programs except California and Iowa, however CES is also an approved Continuing Education provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider # CEP15567) which is also accepted by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
- Social Workers:
- This program has been approved for 2.5 contact hours by the National Academy of Certified Care Managers (NACCM) for a total of 2.5 continuing education contact hours.
- This webinar has been approved for 2.5 Continuing education credits to the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, for Personal Care Home Administrators
Please contact email@example.com with any questions!